Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sarah & Joey: uniquely white

Sarah + Joey {April 2009} Rancho Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano.
No this is not from a bridal magazine, it was real wedding! My frieds Sarah is not a professional model, but she fooled me!
For the flowers, the bride brought me a pic from a bridal mag and wanted to know if I could figure it out and tailor it to her style and colors. I love creative challenges like these! And may I be so bold as to say that I think we did better than our origianl inspiration! What I ended up doing is I deconstructed white roses and hot glued the petals individually onto a Styrofoam base, collared them with galax leaves and peacock feathers and ta-dah! I loved this bouquet and I love that the bride was confident enough in me to create her unique idea for a bouquet.

We used succulents for the boutonnieres- I think they're a fun, masculine alternative to flowers. This groom swept me off my feet when I heard him practicing his secret acoustic perfomance for the bride (Edwin McCains- I'll Be) while I was pinning on all the groomsmen boutonierres in the "dude room".

Stunning Bride!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment